December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2017 WR Draft Profiles

SyrcsePride
Poster Child for Korea's Gangnam Style Movement

2017 WR Draft Profiles

Post by SyrcsePride on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Continuing with the draft profiles, today we’ll look at the NFL comparisons of the WR’s selected in the 1st round.  Again, looking at their initial builds, it was scary to think that these were just rookies.  Looking deeper, the comparisons weren’t as scary.   

Selected #6 overall by the Chiefs, Demar Ford was the complimentary WR that the Chiefs were looking for.  With his 5’8 frame and top speed, he profiles out as Tavon Austin, but his receiver attributes more liken him to Will Fuller with better route running.  The knock on him out of college was his lack of concentration, but he more than made up for it by leading the nation in yards per catch.  

Steelers could’ve been looking towards the future beyond Antonio Brown when selecting Tre Randall #8, but in the meantime, defenses will have fits trying to contain AB and Randall at the same time.  Randall profiles as the best all-around WR in the 1st round with consistent receiving grades across the board. He’s no Marvin Harrison when it comes to route running, but he’s not as bad and sluggish (white) as Danny Farmer.  He’ll have to work with WR coach, Yancey Thigpen, to learn how to drive at DBs and develop his hip work out of his cuts.  Right now he’s a richer version of Jermaine Kearse with a ceiling of at least Plaxico Burress. 

Maybe Bryant Ruff was a luxury pick at #23 by the Cowboys or maybe Jerry Jones just has a thing for Bryants.  Either way, the pick was a predominantly graded miss by draft experts.  Keep in mind, these are the experts that thought Regg round 2 was a good idea.  Ruff has the gift of track speed and coupled with his limited route tree, could be asked to just stretch the field and lure safeties away to open up the field for others.  Right now he profiles out to be Torrey Smith, but will need to work on his route running to become anything more than Kevin Ogletree.  

Selected at #24, the Saints went with a player they simply couldn’t pass up. The most highly regarded WR coming out of Tennessee since Peerless Price, Cory Skelton draft stock slipped a little after a weak combine where he broke the record for most jug machine drops.  It was so bad that combine officials had to use the jug machine operator to throw balls to Skelton underhanded.  This was a drill that allowed Skelton to redeem himself.   Draft gurus have compared Skelton to Eddie Royal, but make that assessment after Sean Payton created 25 plays for Skelton that incorporate variations of underhanded throws.  We’re looking forward to seeing the next Joe Horn, but with a better cell phone plan.  

As if the rich needed to get richer.  The Ravens are coming off of a SB winning season that saw Breshad Perriman completely dominate defenses.  So of course the next course of action is to outfit the offense with another wheel of cheese in the form of #26 pick, Cedric Beatty.  Beatty caught everything in college.  His drops were completely eliminated in his 2016 senior season, down from 2 during his 2015 senior season.  While his route running isn’t as crisp as most would like, he makes errant QBs look good.  He looks to be in the Pierre Garcon mold, but could end up as one of the most prolific pass catchers in Ravens history.  

The 28th pick in the draft is essentially tasked to make up for the loss of Allen Hurns.  Pierre Hoover will not be up to the task for accomplishing that at the moment.  Graded with the lowest pass catching of the 1st rounders, he’ll have to put in work to “catch”up to his classmates.  Right now he compares to Ted Ginn Jr, who also had a 1st round pick wasted on him. If things were to end right now, he’s at best Mike Sims-Walker with the hope to become Jerry Porter.  If all else fails, the Jags have an expendable piece to throw into the FB dive mix.  
LethalNtention
May I park your balls?

Re: 2017 WR Draft Profiles

Post by LethalNtention on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:07 pm

Good stuff...
kotb

Post by kotb on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:09 pm

nice writeup
aceblazer13
Keith of the Hawaiian Keiths

Post by aceblazer13 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 pm

i like how he increased the font size so old guys like LethalNtention can read it!
(i can say that because i'm not far behind him...)
LethalNtention
May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:37 pm

aceblazer13 wrote:i like how he increased the font size so old guys like LethalNtention can read it!
(i can say that because i'm not far behind him...)
I could barely read it... Make it bigger.

When we play... I will break you.  Your woman will enter the room and ask whyw are you naked and screaming at the tv.

Your reply will be because tanker scored 25 or in the firsrt qtr and he was only punting.

She will ask again... Why are u naked?

Your brutal honesty on why will make her look at you in a different way for the rest of your happy lives.... You tell her with ur calm serious voice... I'm trying to see if I can use a coconut as a butt plug bc I'm getting fucked up this game.'ll
aceblazer13
Keith of the Hawaiian Keiths

Post by aceblazer13 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:41 pm

when do we play?  it will be an instant dwho classic...
i look forward to that day.  Lions are ready for a tuna sandwich.
LethalNtention
May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:45 pm

aceblazer13 wrote:when do we play?  it will be an instant dwho classic...
i look forward to that day.  Lions are ready for a tuna sandwich.
Not sure, it it will happen.  When the gm ask if u want to concede, say no.  Otherwise I will make it even worse the next gm. Lol
bizzyrg

Post by bizzyrg on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Good work pride.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:15 am