October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Super bowl Champ interview

ovfd55
Commissioner

Super bowl Champ interview

Post by ovfd55 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:20 pm

1.Was this Win os Super Bowl any sweeter than normal after a year without it and inj problems?

In this league you have to cherish every chance and every kind of title you can get. Great competition and great owners in DWho. With that said it was tough with 5 starters, including both QBs going down. Even with signing Kolb it took some time to get used to. I have to thank my opportunistic defense for this championship. When playing a good offensive team, punts can be rare and taking advantage of mistakes is huge. We might not shut anyone out but putting defensive score or setting up a score is always our goal. The redzone defense really stepped up and combine that with limited offensive turnovers and it was just enough to get the job done.

2.How do you ever lose in here?

TURNOVERS!!! I believe that is how everyone loses. We preach ball security but bad things can happen when you try to do too much or get too pass happy. You might have to eat a play and just take the loss and live to fight another day. Turnovers are the driving force, if you look at the top teams, they are usually the top teams in turnover differential. With that said we have had a couple 5+ Int games and that is usually followed by a lot of rushing attempts the next day. But we also win with turnovers, just the take aways and not the give aways.

3.Was it dumb luck that OV beat you in Playoffs 2 years ago?

The Panthers have learned that when they play the 49ers to expect a dog fight. The 49ers have a great defense and makes for a true defensive battle. Every game I can recollect has been determined by turnovers. I still have images of Braylon going up top and scoring on a long TD after half and that game winning FG as time expired.

4.Did you Fire your Trainer after last year Inj Problems?

The injuries were just stupid last year. We have re-dedicated our team to the weight room and hope to not break as easy this season. Most people don't know that in the NFC championship both #1 and #2 RBs were gone most of the 2nd half. The defense stepped up to hold on to the victory, but we need to man up.

5.What new Panther are you most looking forward to playing with?

Well obviously we are glad to have Cam back, but this year we believe our WR core is the best its been since we have started. Now we don't even have the best core in our division (*KING*) but we have improved. The panthers rely on the run, but this year the WR core hopes to take some of the spotlight.

6.What game Scares you most this year?

Every division game. I have to give props to the NFC South. These guys don't get enough credit. Every game is a battle. The current regime is 65-8 and half of those losses are at the hand of my division (2 vs Alwaysrushing and 2 vs Drty). All of us in our division play good hard football and come to win. The Panthers have to man up vs the Falcons, just for the fact they dont want to see the fallout and trash that the Falcons owner would unleash. This season with the Saints and Falcons on the upswing, the NFC South could be very exciting.

7.Will it be 4 outta 5?

The Panthers know that every team is going to bring their A+ game vs them. Given that they cannot have too many let downs. It is a game of inches and opportunities and it is important to take both of those when you get the chance. That is what we preach in Carolina! Take care of the ball and own 3rd down. If we do that we will have a chance!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! DWHO!!!

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:40 am